If you are a caregiver caring for a loved one at home, you can still welcome and enjoy new seasons. Try one of the follow festive activities to help bring in autumn!
1. Spend Time Outdoors
Fall is a wonderful time to spend time outdoors and enjoy nature. Take advantage of the change of scenery that autumn brings – breathe in the fresh air and admire the beautiful colors on display.
You can adapt your time outdoors to suit different mobility levels:
Open the window a crack to smell the fresh air and take in the scenery
Relax in the backyard or on the porch
Walk to the mailbox and back
Stroll a block or two in the neighborhood
Walk through or sit at a local park
2. Decorate for the Season with Arts and Crafts
Bring in the new season with festive homemade decorations. Many items found in nature can be used for autumn arts and crafts.
– Collect pinecones to be used as a simple table centerpiece. Display them in a decorative bowl, or arrange them around a candle setting. For an added touch, spray paint a few gold or silver – or another festive color of your choosing!
– Find different shaped leaves and use the leaf rubbing method to color and transfer the image to a piece of paper. Frame and display your piece of art! https://www.firstpalette.com/craft/leaf-rubbings.html
– Embellish pumpkins (real or plastic) with ribbon for your table or front porch! https://www.hgtv.com/design/make-and-celebrate/handmade/easily-embellish-pumpkins-with-ribbon
– Paint pumpkins. This is a great option when traditional pumpkin carving may pose a risk to your loved one. The pumpkins will also last longer this way!
3. Prepared Festive (and easy) Homemade Treats
Baking, mixing, and assembly are fun activities that people of all age can enjoy.
Try these delicious and easy-to-make treats:
Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake https://www.instrupix.com/pumpkin-pie-dump-cake/
Pumpkin Pie Twists https://onelittleproject.com/pumpkin-pie-twists/
Harvest Chex Mix https://www.halfscratched.com/harvest-chex-mix/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest&utm_campaign=tailwind_tribes&utm_content=tribes&utm_term=841204500_35618130_267507